Dr Frederick Hoe
Dr Frederick Hoe
Dr Frederick Hoe graduated with Honours in Medicine from the University of NSW (1990) and was selected for the advanced Orthopaedic training program by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1996.
He obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1999, and gained his qualifications as a specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon.
In 2000, he undertook further subspecialty training and research in hip and knee replacement surgery overseas. This experience was gained in centres of excellence at Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Hospital, Exeter, United Kingdom and St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
His area of expertise is in Hip and Knee Replacement surgery, ACL reconstruction, Knee Arthroscopy, with a special interest in Anterior Hip Replacement and Less Invasive Knee Replacements.
- Registered Orthopaedic Specialist Surgeon in Australia.
- Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Tutoring medical students of the University of Western Sydney
- Tutoring Advanced Orthopaedic Trainees (Registrars) of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Speaker on Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery to General Practitioners, Westmead Private Hospital (May 2013)
- Facilitator on Anterior Hip Replacement Workshop for Orthopaedic Surgeons, Macquarie University Hospital (May 2013)
- Anterior Hip Replacement Workshop, Macquarie University Hospital (2011)
- Anterior Hip Replacement Conference, Melbourne (January 2012)
- International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, Sydney (October 2012)
- AOA Annual Scientific Meeting, Sydney (October 2012)
- Anterior Hip Replacement Workshop, Macquarie University Hospital (May 2013)
- Medacta Anterior Hip Replacement Workshop, Macquarie University Hospital (July 2013)